Tom Corbin PHD LAC.
- Trained in a W.H.O. Collaborative Training Center in PR. China in 1992. German Auricular Acupuncture 1998-2004
- Professor at Atlantic Institute of Oriental Medicine Training Staff at National Acupuncture Detoxification Association
- Associate Professor at University of Miami Physicians Training Program in Acupuncture and Integrative Medicine Program
- Continuing Education Provider; Acupuncture - Nationally all state of State of Florida Acupuncture Courses
- Developed Vagus Nerve stimulator in 2008. FDA Certified
- Did state and national research in auricular and body acupuncture for HEP-C, Peripheral Neuropathy in HIV individuals, Osteo-arthritis of the knee, Cocaine alternative treatment study (CATS)
- Original training was - physician assistant program
- For the last 20 years has helped design and provide treatment for veterans in the first chronic pain program in VA Health care. The program spawned over 40 other hospitals to duplicate its psychological as well as financial adaptability. Dr. Corbin helps consult on the vagus nerve project in Mexico where it is also approved and will be training for a month in the near future but looks forward to getting to know and working with everyone individually
- Therapies trained in include body acupuncture, auricular acupuncture, laser acupuncture, and electro acupuncture.
- For the last 25 years Dr. Corbin has done research consulting/teaching along with program design. He teaches at medical schools and developed the first acupuncture program in the Veterans Healthcare Administration. From soft-tissue injuries to post traumatic stress syndrome (PTSD) acupuncture is an effective treatment. Acupuncture also treats problems other then pain that Dr. Corbin has special interests in. Food addictions, stop smoking program, and psychological problems that manifest with anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, ADD/ADHD (child and adult) as well as insomnia and auto immune disorders
Even though hundreds of thousands of American citizens use acupuncture every yr, ceaselessly for persistent ache, there was really extensive controversy surrounding its worth as a treatment and if it is the rest greater than placebo. Analysis exploring numerous conceivable mechanisms for acupuncture’s pain-relieving results is ongoing.